Saturday, March 7, 2015

Working on My Plan...

Yesterday was bonus/paycheck time.  I got my bonus and bi-monthly paycheck all in one check.  I do not really care for that because I would like to know how much my bonus was without my paycheck in the mix.  However, it is what it is.

Today, I am going to open a checking account and place my bonus money into that account.  This account is strictly for the dogs' care.  I will add money to it, so that I can maintain a certain amount of money for emergency purposes for them.  I feel that this is the best thing I could do for both my dogs and myself. 

Next, I am still looking at how to battle the credit card debt.  I have a plan for that as well.  It is a plan I do not take lightly, either.  That is why the decision to go through it is taking me a little while to just jump into it.  It makes total sense, but at the same time, it could backfire.  That is more of what I want to prevent.

It is nothing illegal.  It is based on advice from those who have done similar actions.  This may help me more than anything.

Another piece in the money puzzle is to reduce the amount of money paid for internet and cable services.  Monday, I have U-Verse being installed and I am actually looking forward to that.  I hope that this will be a good start to getting my office back from being the junk room.  I am working on clearing out a bunch of stuff and have a lot of plans for setting up a server to stay up and running. 

With my father's plans to get rid of the house, I will probably take the lower end Samsung 32" TV from my parents home.  I figure, I could put that in my bedroom and the current TV in my bedroom can go into the "office."  I could always order another U-Verse box, but I will probably wait before doing that.  More or less - just see where I am and see what makes the most sense.

One of the things I really want to do is go back to school and finish my degree.  It weighs on my mind a lot.  Basically, it is unfinished business.  I have seriously thought of getting my degree on-line, but not very sure if that is the route I want to go.  I know of some free courses I can take from MIT to help me with that decision.  The last thing I want is to take an on-line course and not really get much from it.

Of course, that line of thought is a distance away from where I am now.  I will get there - just give me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment