Friday, March 6, 2015

When the Drama Turns Scary...

Back in December, I lost a friend due to some commentary I made regarding some divorce drama being played out on Facebook.  I took a lot of heat from a gang of people for my comments.  Apparently, these people were so sour on the wife that they looked for every excuse in the book to roast her.  

I licked my wounds and hobbled off to my inner world to escape the damage.  Later, I learned that those people who were roasting me had some confessions to some real truths.  I am still no longer a friend with this one person and I doubt we will ever be friends again.  Bottom line, I am okay with that.  I did not say anything wrong and I would say it again.  The bullshit that goes on in a divorce needs to remain off Twitter and Facebook.  It is simply a damn shame that so many of these people have resorted back to acting as they did when we were in high school.

To coin the phrase, I am so over that.

I have slowly come out of my sanctuary and back onto Facebook.  I get the occasional negative response regarding my love of hockey, but I let it go.  I do not provide those the pleasure of getting to me, so I ignore them.  I allow them to sit and twist waiting for something that will never happen.

However, when the new mate of the divorcing couple starts making threats, I have to scratch my head.  That is just downright scary - Fatal Attraction type scary.  It also concerns me.  

Why does this concern me?  This person is so in love with someone who has so many issues that making threats to the other party is not beneath them.  Is love worth doing such incredibly stupid things?  Have we lost all common sense to this point of hurting another physical being because you are hurting emotionally?  

Maybe I was blessed with too much logic?  I mean, I could think of such horrible things, but then I think about the consequences of my actions.  I also think about how would I feel if someone did that to me - if someone hurt the people I loved.  

Revenge should be left to God - bottom line.  None of us have the right to be judge and jury.  You have every right not to like someone for their actions, but the rest of that mess - leave it to God.  Through all of my struggles with other people, when I thought life was at its very worse, I would try so hard to let it go, even though I hurt.  It is so difficult for me to let go of emotional pain.  It is such a struggle, but I try to take it out in a constructive manner.  The most destructive method for me is internal - I will eat.  However, I will never take out that pain onto another person.

We should always carefully consider our actions before doing them.  The damage done can never be repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment