Sunday, February 14, 2016

Another Valentine's Day...

Another year and another Valentine's Day.  No pity party - just decided that maybe rather than feel rejected, I needed to spend Valentine's Day showing love to myself.  I have not always been kind to myself.

There should be no shame in being single on Valentine's Day.  I am tired of people thinking that there is something wrong with me because there is no one in my life.  So, I decided to never settle.  If it is never to happen for me, then you know there is something greater out there that I have to do on my own.  

However, I am no longer going to sit here and allow people to make me feel less than a person because I am not with someone.  It has only added to my own personal issues where I feel less than I should.  I really dislike the voices left in my head telling me so many negative things.

Life is not perfect, but none of us are perfect in this world.  I accept everyone, even those who are toxic to my life, as they are.  

So, time to spend learning to love myself and whatever makes me unhappy, if I can change it, I will do that.  Otherwise, I will have to change my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment