Saturday, February 20, 2016

Techie Take Over...

Yesterday, while I went to pick up something for lunch, I dropped into Office Depot to pick up a notepad.  I am a notepad snob.  There are times and places for sticky notes, but sometimes, I want the plain, old fashioned notepad. 

The one I bought for work is to be used for quick notes.  The one I have at home  - I use it for a project I saw on-line.  Basically, I write down something each day that I am either thankful, grateful, or feeling blessed.  I put the notes into a jar and check them at the beginning of next year.  It is supposed to help with obtaining a more positive attitude.

Anyway, while I was on my walk to the check out counter, I came across the new portable Logitech keyboard, K380 Multi-Device.  Oooooo...

I was checking out the Logitech site regarding my squeezebox radio and touch and saw this keyboard.  The selling point is that you can connect to at the most 3 different devices using bluetooth connectivity.  The keyboard supports connections to Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad), and Apple TV.

Okay - this is really promising.  It uses two AAA batteries.  At the top left corner of the keyboard, there are three yellow or blue keys (depending on which keyboard you get).  Each key is a bluetooth connection to a different device.  Now, that is pretty awesome.

Set up is a breeze.  Once you unwrap the keyboard, you remove the yellow sticker so that the battery connectivity can take place.  Next, you press down on the first bluetooth key for 3 seconds, then set up the bluetooth connection on your device.  I cannot wait to get this keyboard set up on my Kindle Fire device.

Right now, not finding any issues with the keyboard.  I am sort of looking to see if I can use this as a replacement for the KVM device I have set up to switch between my work and home PCs in the living room.  I can see some issues, but there are always some sort of difficulties that you have to address from time to time.

I am looking forward to using this keyboard more.  It felt good and works really well.  

Post more as I use it more...

No comments:

Post a Comment