Sunday, February 14, 2016

What To Do When Food Suggestions Just Do Not Work...

This is partly my fault.  I generally shop for groceries once a week and lately, I have been slacking off due to the back pain.  The whole ordeal of getting groceries, then trying to get them up the stairs to be put away is a daunting task.

Most of the time, I can manage to stand long enough to cook breakfast.  However, lunch has been a sandwich or something bought from a fast food place if I was at work.  Dinner has been pretty late in the evening due to lying down to rest from the day.  At that point, I really do not want to eat because I do not want anything from a fast food restaurant.

Today, I was trying to decide what to do about lunch.  Breakfast was sticking to my insides since it was a bit bigger than normal.  However, it was time to eat something.  I decided on making grilled cheese sandwiches.

The grilled cheese sandwiches tasted so good.  Also, they were still pretty warm and that made them taste even better.  I think the bonus here is that I got out of my 'What do I really want to eat' rut.  

Yesterday, I had a a really good burger with Random Cathy's husband, Big Tea.  I will write more about the experience later.  However, I would love to go back to that restaurant and try some of the hot dog/sausage offerings.  The point was that I did not want another burger, especially one from one of the chains.

The grilled cheese sandwiches simply reminded me of how warm and comforting foods like that are.  It made me feel good and they tasted so very good.

Sometimes, you have to go back to some basic staples just to get out of a food rut.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, check out Amazon Prime Now to deliver your groceries. I've used it a couple of times and have found the prices comparable to Kroger. There is a $5 delivery charge, but no big if it saves you carting groceries up the stairs. They deliver in a 2 hour window.

    ReplyDelete