Friday, February 12, 2016

Kidney and Bladder Update...

Yesterday, I saw the nephrologist.  I got the results from my ultrasound, 24 hour urine collection, and blood work.  According to the doctor, he states that my kidneys are functioning at about 60%, so that puts me in stage 2 of kidney disease, but he made it seem like the high end.  

My kidneys and bladder look normal, so that is a good thing.  His thoughts were that the high blood pressure and diabetes were taking a toll on my kidneys.  My blood pressure logs showed that the average was about 143/94.  It is a bit high, so he is going to prescribe a low dose beta blocker to help lower the blood pressure.

The hydrocodone and trivandizine are starting to help numb the back pain.  I have an appointment for an MRI on Monday.  I may end up getting the shot in the back sometime next week as well.  Not thrilling, but if it helps with getting rid of the pain and I can walk, I will have to do what needs to be done.

To be perfectly honest, I was very happy to hear that my kidneys and bladder were looking normal.  Not happy about the protein coming out with the urine.  However, what is really irritating is not knowing what I can do to fix that issue - other than take more medications.

I will have to really make better strides at changing my lifestyle.  This is not where I want to be at any point in my life - pondering what else is going to go wrong.

I asked Random Cathy for meditation recommendations.  Perhaps, my anxiety is really working me over more than anything else.  I simply need to learn to let go.  

Last night, I ended up over at ALoft in Frisco with the dogs.  As I approach my apartment, I hear this screeching noise.  I get into my apartment and it is 80 degrees.  I simply rolled my eyes and figured - here we go again.  Yes, I was angry, but I just resigned myself to the fact that this is how it is going to be.  Yes, it is annoying as hell.  However, I cannot control how issues are handled in the apartment complex anymore.  I simply have to just call in the issues and move along.  No amount of getting pissed off is going to fix anything, especially after the office is closed.

Maybe that and the medications at night helped mellow me out, but I was just truly worn out from everything.  I worried about having to charge for things that I should not have needed to do, such as staying at a  hotel because the apartment won't cool.  I figured, God will help me sort all of this out - I just have to trust him.  At that point, I simply tried to go to sleep.  

I love my dogs dearly, but man, trying to get some sleep with the two of them can be a real headache when we are in a different place from home.  They are funny about strange places, but they never forget their schedule.

Positive Note:  Just have faith - it will work itself out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment