Sunday, February 7, 2016

Exciting Burger Adventure...

Yesterday, I went met up with Random Cathy's husband, Big Tea, then we met up with Glen and Shane to experience a burger at Knife.  This fit into my foodie side and I do love a good hamburger.  I was excited to get out of my regular Whataburger/Burger King/Wendy's/McDonald's rut. 

Big Tea and I met Glen and Shane at The Highland hotel in Dallas.  It is located at 5300 Mockingbird Lane.  Knife is located inside the hotel.  I had peeked at the menu on-line and already determined this was not your regular burger joint.  So, I made sure I was prepared for a bit expensive burger.

I chose the "Magic" burger which came with cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, onion, and tomato.  It is served on an english muffin.  Now, I know - Why an english muffin?  However, I do not like a whole lot of bread.  I prefer to eat my burgers with less bread and more burger and condiments.  

Big Tea, Glen, and Shane got the "Ozersky", which came with American cheese, red onion on a white bun.  When I saw their burgers, I thought the burger looked good as well.

The one thing I was a bit wary on was if fries came with the burgers or not.  For many high-end restaurants, those places tend to nickel and dime you on the sides.  Luckily, Knife realized - You cannot have a burger without fries!  Each dish is served with their salsa verde fries.  Before you think the fries are drown in some salsa, which may be tasty, it is simply a seasoning put on the fries.  Big Tea was able to get regular fries.  I decided to be different - I wanted to try avocado fries.  Avocado fries are slices of avocado, dipped in a tempura batter and fried.  It is served with a salsa mayo dip.  The dip was a bit spicy, but not overwhelming.  It was very tasty.  Getting the avocado fries was a $3 upcharge.

The burger was incredibly juicy.  In fact, I had juice running down my hands it was that juicy and that was not from wet condiments.  I really enjoyed the burger and the english muffin worked for me.  I was able to taste more of the burger and condiments as I like.

I did eat the pickles, but not on the burger.  I think my fellow burger foodies felt the same - the only type of pickle to be on a burger should be a dill.  Knife's pickle was more of a "bread and butter" type - sweet.  They were good on their own, but not appropriate for a burger.

Overall, I was very impressed with the burger, but in all honesty, I probably would not go back there for a burger.  Mainly because Knife is not a burger joint.  Knife is a very nice place to have a really nice dinner for a special occasion or business dinner.  I loved how the place looked - it was very warm and cozy.  However, I would not want to visit the place just for a burger.

I hope to join Big Tea on another burger excursion.  That was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed meeting Glen and Shane.  It is a lot of fun to try a new place - it opens up new areas to visit to get out of that rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment