Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Energy Draining Situations...

I got the following message from God today and it hit me like a ton of bricks:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you will get back to solving all the wrongs in a moment, - how about taking a moment to treasure what is right.

All too often we focus so intently on solving the problems, that we forget to zoom out and celebrate what is good in our life already.

Isn't this all too true? 

Sunday and Monday, I spent a good bit of time trying to solve someone else's problem.  I had already suggested one path to take upon doing this particular process, but the person doing the work chose a different path.  The reasoning behind the different path seems valid, but for whatever reason, the process just was not working.

When I hit a brick wall or cannot figure something out, I will go back to ground zero and start over again.  Sometimes, something funky - no reason - happens and you just have to redo everything.  This person was complaining about the systems he created starting too slow.  He keyed into an area that was suspicious.  I made the comment regarding avoiding going across the national network vs the local network could be at play and he immediately discounted it before I could conclude my sentence.  I was finding every time I said something, he was chopping me off.  I finally got tired of it.

What kills me is that he makes the statement that I do not have to be like that or he is just making conversation.  Okay - well, you are asking for my help.  You have chosen a path that I did not recommend in favor for short cuts.  I have never come across your problem in the past, so I really do not know where else to start than to begin at the beginning and take a different approach.  As for the slowness of the system, I was trying to explain that as I had come across that in previous testing scenarios and I warned everyone regarding that.  The solution here indicated the introduction of that issue, therefore explaining why the system was taking forever to start.

I spend my days solving problems.  That is all I do.  People above me say I am supposed to be like a fire fighter and they constantly dump severe issues on me to solve.  I know my problem is much like the fire fighter - I am tired of putting out everyone's fire.

It is one thing to look within yourself and see the issues that you are not happy.  We go through the same process - you have to determine the issue and the best path for resolution.  Sometimes, we get the right path immediately.  Other times, we do not, but we learn from our mistakes.

I am nowhere near perfect and I never will be.  I do not want to be perfect - I want to be me and love who I am with all of the perfect and imperfect pieces about me.  As I said, I no longer have much patience - it has grown thin over time.  The person asking for my help has an abundance of patience - I know of his own personal struggles and dealing with those takes patience I no longer have.  While he can make me feel I am being hasty, at the same time, I would like for him to understand I am trying to help, but sometimes, there is no easy answer other than do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment