Monday, February 24, 2014

Making the Mini-Goals...

Yesterday, I got on the scale and I finally passed my mini-goal of 286.2 lbs.  I weighed 285.7 lbs.

Boy, did I feel great, but I was exhausted from having stayed up so late with work stuff.  I ended up getting in a few naps and taking a break from the FitBit.  I still made it a point to keep my calorie count between 1500 - 1600 calories.  The night before, I made the decision to eat Tex-Mex and cut most of the food items to be eaten in half.  I ate half the meal Saturday and the other half on Sunday afternoon.  I am not sure if it was my feeling guilty or being down in the dumps with worry over Chloe, but I felt rather sick to my stomach while eating.  I had a really full feeling in my stomach both times, so I would like to think it is because my stomach is shrinking. 

I make it a point to try to drink a gallon of water each day.  Right now, I am trying to get my first 32 oz down and get another 32 oz down during the mid-morning.  I find that the water does help with the "full" feeling.  Also, water is a natural flush and keeps me hydrated.  I hope that the next time I see the doctor on 2/27, getting blood from me will be a breeze.  Most of the time, I was too dehydrated and it was a pain.

This morning, I decided that breakfast would be trying chicken sausage patties.  The calorie content was the same as the turkey sausage patties.  Rather than making real scrambled eggs, I bought Egg Beaters and had that.  I also included an orange.  Due to the large amount of sugar in orange juice, I can only drink that when my blood sugar is too low.  However, I can enjoy a real orange.  I found I loved how sweet the orange slices tasted.  It has been a long time since I had a real orange and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I began to realize that part of changing my lifestyle would enable me to eat foods that are naturally sweet and really understand how wonderful that is.  Also, I have been pouring over some of the recipes that Cooking Light and Diabetic Living has.  Cooking Light has a great chicken dish that I want to make.  Diabetic Living always has some wonderful recipes.  As much as I enjoy baked/roasted chicken and fish, I tend to get bored with having the same thing over and over.  Now, I am trying to look for low calorie dishes that are delicious.  So, I am working on finding some new recipes that can fit into the changes I am making.

I am also considering joining the YMCA down the road from where I live.  However, I am still making some heavy considerations regarding that.  Part of me really does not want to spend the money, but I really would like to get some great advice on what I can do to tone up and keep losing weight. 

Time to turn on the TV and walk in place for 45 minutes.  I have not done that in a few days.  I feel nothing but guilt over that because I feel I have let myself down.  Now, I need to get back on that bike and hit the road.  It is determination - I want to know what happens once I reach my goal weight - what will I look like?

Today - God's Message to Me:

Today, Melissa, we believe God wants you to know that ...

God will give you everything you need once you are ready to receive.

God is abundant and is only waiting for you to make yourself ready to receive what you truly need. Think now what can you do to make yourself ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment