Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No Matter How Crazy It Seems - Just Do It...

I tried to rush myself out the door this morning, but ended up missing a conference call and never got my morning walk in as I should have.  When I got to work, I had a few things to do, but mostly, I was supposed to get on this and that conference call.

Rather than just sit there on my butt, I slid off my shoes and started walking in place for about 30 minutes.  I know it looked a bit crazy, but good grief, sitting on a conference call and doing nothing is insane. 

As I was "marching" in place, my boss's boss came by my desk.  She smiled and said "Exercising?"  I shrugged and said I have to do something.  It is better than sitting there doing nothing and I am listening to the call.  She agreed and told me to keep it up.

I know it looks nutty, but as many of you already know, being a bit nutty is just part of my charm.  However, this is so important for me to do.  It is so biting cold outside and trying to walk inside the building is just insane.  I get the same step benefit by walking in place.  I am moving - I am being active and that is important.

As of today, I have lost 22 lbs.  I have gone from 314.2 down to 292.2.  I am close to leaving the 290s and heading into the 280s.  I have actually been able to wear jeans I had not been able to wear for months.  I am nowhere where I need to be, but seeing the results makes a huge difference in my day.

The one thing that has been difficult for me is seeing a difference.  I mean, I see the numbers going down and I can sort of see some physical changes.  However, I just cannot see myself thinner.  Let's see how I see myself after I lose another 30 lbs.

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

if you desire something, offer something.

Offerings can come in many forms: a gift, a prayer, a smile, flowers, food. Offer something from your heart.

I would like to think I have done that.  I made the pecan pralines for my friend, Arnold, and handed out the others for people at work.  Also, I have gotten a couple of tickets lined up for some friends to see a Stars game for free.  I do like to do things for other people.  Making others happy makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment