Monday, February 17, 2014

Rage and Anger - Why Are You Here?

I suppose it started last night.  Most of the day was spent trying to get laundry done and tidy up the place (Okay, I did not do a great job on that part - I need a vacation from everything and do a huge dumpage).  I received a message regarding some stuff at work and I got immediately annoyed.  This went on for most of the evening.  This morning, I am asked even more questions.

Why was I annoyed? I was annoyed because this business came up on Tuesday to be done and this person should have asked for information during the week.  Now, it is the 11th hour and he is scrambling.  Deep down inside, I know that this is ALWAYS the case.  Does not matter who is doing what - no one ever plans properly.  When you do make that attempt, the people ignore you, then they can tell everyone that they never got the memo.

While I would say I am quite proud of the fact that I reached making 70,000+ steps this past week, my scale has not budged in the past 4 days.  Grrrr.  To compound matters, my FitBit Flex is acting weird.  On Saturday night, I put it on to charge over night.  I got up on Sunday and forgot to put it on when I walked the dogs.  So, I tried to approximate how many steps that was from previous walks and put that on the web site. 

Once I got back to the apartment, I put on the FitBit Flex and started doing my 45 minute walk in place.  Some time during the day, the FitBit started showing that the battery was low.  Hmmmmm?

Last night, I put the FitBit Flex into sleep mode to check my sleep.  Apparently, the device ran out of juice again while I was sleeping.  Very annoying.  So, I have pulled out my FitBit Zip and measuring the steps using that device while the Flex is recharging.  I wish that there was some way for me to switch out devices, so that I could allow one to charge while using the other for calculating my steps and such.

I suppose I have turned this process into a habit because I feel lost without the FitBit.  How funny?!

Not every day is going to be the "happy path" and I need to learn to accept some curve balls from time to time.  I have obviously reached a bit of a plateau with my weight loss.  As for work, let's be serious, that is never going to change.  People there are going to continue to do those things because they can and there is not anything I can really do about it.

I know what really angers me about work, but I cannot say on a public forum.  Again, it is a matter of people handing things as they always do and I will never be able to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment