Sunday, February 9, 2014

Physically Exhausted, But Feeling Good Mentally...

I really over did it yesterday.  By the stroke of midnight, I had already reached 18,458 steps.  By 5 PM, I had reached my 10,000 step goal.  Yesterday was just a pretty amazing day!

When I got up, I got the dogs walked, then got in front of the TV and started watching MI-5 on Netflicks while walking in place.  By the time I was ready to stop, about 35 minutes, I had gotten in over 5000 steps.  Wow!  That was amazing.

I ended up over at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (my means) to get a scale to weigh food items and a couple of mats to place in the kitchen.  Then, ran over to the grocery store to get this week's groceries.  I still had not walked that much, but I was further along.

I got cleaned up and headed down to the West End.  I needed to meet my friend and her son at Hooters.  Apparently, he was pretty excited to be going there for dinner.  Unfortunately, we did not eat at that establishment.  The waiting time was 45 minutes to an hour.  Figures - it was 2 hours before the hockey game.  So, rather than be bummed out, we went over to the Hard Rock Cafe.  That was not disappointing - the food and service was great.  I even had a burger and some fries.  I did leave a majority of the fries on the plate, but took down the burger without the bun.  :-)

After dinner, we walked over to the AAC to get to the game.  Due to so many things, we ended up walking almost completely around the arena.  We got to our seats, but 5 minutes before the end of the first period, we had to leave and meet my account manager at section 121.  There, he and other account managers took us down to where the Dallas Stars locker room was located.  We got to stand outside the locker room and get high fives from the team as they filed out.  My friend and her son were very excited to get to do this.  It was great!

What can I say?  I have more love for the Dallas Stars than any other team.  Those guys are so great!  I felt great to be able to provide my friend's son a great memory of going to a hockey game.  Even though his favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys, he made the comment that Cowboys should revamp their system like that.  I thought it was funny.

I like being able to do something that special for someone.  It makes me feel good.

This morning, however, I am paying for overdoing it.  My legs are pretty sore from all of the walking.  I may take it a bit easy today, but I will try to just reach my 10,000 step mark.  Dinner tonight will be roasted salmon with mixed vegetables and rice.  I thought it would be good to change it up from chicken for a change.  I need to get more recipes - that way I can try different things.

Today's Message from God to me:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

when you are at a loss of what to do, do nothing.

Doing nothing can be very wise. When you pause doing things, you become more aware of God's presence, and often an unexpected solution to your question will arise.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment