Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gearing Up for Week 7...

I have been working on this lifestyle change for the past 6 weeks.  I hope I have been promoting a good habit at this point.  I did my walking in place for about 45 minutes while watching Sherlock - Season 3 - Episode 2.  I did not realize how much of the show I actually missed when I watched it the first time!  I have to admit, my walking in place while watching TV is improving my attention span.

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and bought the groceries for the week.  I had a ton of really old meats and such in my refrigerator that I had to purge.  I was so disappointed in myself for that.  I think the best way to handle the grocery shopping is to get only those items I know I will use for the week as best as I can.

For example, today, I am going to make a pork roast with baked sweet potato slices, steamed mixed vegetables, and a small salad.  I measure and weigh my food items, if they are not already measured in some form or fashion.  Luckily, I have plenty of measuring spoons and cups.  That helps me so much that you have no idea.  It also helps me on regaining what portion sizes I should have. 

I do not feel hungry, but I do get the low blood sugar shakes and jitters from time to time.  That part bothers me.  I am working on lowering my insulin medications. For my Lantus, I have reduced my units from 72 to 47 and I need to reduce more.  On my Novolog, I have reduced down from 25 to 15.  I need to re-evaluate my insulin levels again as my fasting blood sugar is still in the upper 80s to lower 90s.  I think drinking tons of water, laying off of diet sodas, and eating better has helped me lower my blood sugar tremendously.

Something I noticed yesterday as I was looking to get something out to eat.  Boston Market and Outback both have places on their web site that help you evaluate how many calories and what have you on your food selection.  This is so awesome because I can put together a "plate" and put it into my FitBit foods with the correct nutritional information.  It makes going out to eat not quite so daunting a task.

Yesterday, I also had to buy some new washing detergents.  I had to get "free and clear" of perfumes and dyes due to some irritation I have been experiencing.  I hope that using these products and the medication will work for me.

I have been also toying with the idea of getting laser hair removal.  I do believe that I suffer from PCOD (out of whack hormones) and that causes the hair on my chin.  I have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works.  I am hesitant to do it, but at some point, I need to do something.  I get so tired of looking at it.  I know I am probably the only one to see it, but that is the point.  I see it and I do not like it.

Today, I am going to work on my laundry and also get my tax return done.  I could use the refund for paying off some bills as well as getting the laser hair removal treatments.

I told everyone - this year is all about "Remake/Remodel" and that is what I am going to do.

Today's daily message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

if you cannot accept failing, you cannot succeed.

Nothing truly meaningful is achieved on the first attempt, and if that's where you stop, then failure is all you will have.

I have always told people I am not perfect.  I do not learn by being perfect.  We all learn from making mistakes.  By making mistakes, we learn why the choice was a mistake or how to keep from making the same mistake.  If everything was perfect, this world would be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment