Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Small Signs...

Today, I got on the scale and finally can say goodbye to the 290s.  Now, I welcome the 280s for a bit and hope to move out of that area just as soon. 

While putting on my jersey for Saturday's game, I realized that the jersey was fitting loose.  Definitely a small sign that my body is shrinking.  I am also wearing jeans I have not been able to wear for several months.  The jeans I recently bought are too large and start falling off of my hips.  Probably time to put those away for a bit, then give them to charity.  I think I should give them away once I hit in the 200s.

Why is this time so much different than all of the other times I have tried to lose weight?  I would think it has to be the determination that a better life is available to me after I lose it.  I will be healthier, my blood sugar numbers will be lower, I will feel better, I will be more alive. 

It is funny.  I was talking with a friend the other day and I said, my mid-way reward for losing this weight is to spend the day at Six Flags.  Now, I know that sounds silly, but the reality is that I have not been to Six Flags in years.  To spend the day riding the various rides with some friends, that would be so grand.  I miss going to Six Flags and riding the various rides.  I think I will pass on riding the Texas Giant, but the other roller coasters are definitely on my list.

What would be the ultimate reward for losing all of the necessary weight?  Maybe a trip to England, Scotland, and Ireland.  I would love to spend time in London and seeing everything that is there.  I am currently saving money off to the side for something special.  That should be the grand prize for all of this hard work.  Do it for myself and pay myself back for doing so well.

My message from God today:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

the more you are, the more you can be for others.

You cannot give to others what you do not have yourself. First, make yourself emotionally, physically, spiritually wealthy, and then freely give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment