Sunday, March 2, 2014

Going Into Week 8...

Starting tomorrow, I say good-bye to having regular, healthy food for breakfast and lunch.  I will be back to doing the Glucerna shakes for the next two weeks for breakfast and lunch.  I feel I need to sort out how to supplement my snacks appropriately to avoid any low blood sugar crashes.

I am only a couple of ounces away from being officially 30 lbs lighter.  Wow!  My hope is to lose a bit more before 3/27 when I see my endo for an update.  I am trying hard to make sure I meet or surpass my 10,000 step goal.  Since the version release, that has been a more difficult task because people want me to sit on the phone.  However, the point is to make sure to be more active and I am not happy when I am not active.

Since I have started getting more active, I decided to join YMCA just down the street from where I live.  I also signed up to get a personal trainer for about 12 weeks.  I stand in front of the TV and walk in place every day.  That is fine, but I need to be able to shape a bit.  Not get ripped, but tone and strengthen.

I have already talked to my trainer and we are to meet on Tuesday.  She is a very positive sounding person and likes that I am already doing a lot of the things she wants to see, counting calories, walking and etc.

I went out with a high school friend to listen to a fellow classmate's band.  The band was really good.  We had dinner at the place and I got full pretty quickly, so I am glad that part is beginning to take effect.  I just need to continue drinking more and more water.  There are some days I can get 128+ oz down no problem and other days, I just do not make it.  I have found drinking water has helped considerably.  The unfortunate part is I do not think I can ever get 2 gallons of water down me each day.  Maybe I am wrong.

Yesterday, the weather was so beautiful and nice.  Today, freezing cold.  Winter is not going down without a fight.  LOL

God's Message to Me for Today:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

the sounds of Nature can lift your spirits.

Take time to revel in the joyful songs of the birds, the splash of a bubbling brook, the whisper of the wind through the trees, and the roar of the ocean's waves. These sounds can deeply nourish your soul.

Well, I would, but it is so stinking cold outside that I don't think the birds want to bother and the brook is frozen.  LOL  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment