Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Negativitiy Hits!

Everyone follows a pattern to help them in life.  For me, I realized the pattern for losing weight was a combination of two factors:  Exercise and Portion Control.  It has always worked in the past and seems to help now.  I admit that I got the FitBit in an effort to help me find where I could be more active.  The long and short of it - all I needed to do was walk.  I never needed to run, jog, lift weights, or anything like that.  Just walk.

Last night, a friend called to go on about how she bought the FitBit and it just was not going to work out for her.  There was no way she was going to be able to get 10,000 steps in per day.  Next, she did not want to enter her food in the system because she was doing another program.  Also, was having a problem analyzing the sleep information.

I get all of this information right before I have my first visit with my personal trainer.  That stuff weighed heavily on my mind and it should not have.  This friend asked about the FitBit and I told her what it could do.  All similar pedometer devices are going to provide the consumer with a program to track their progress and without any doubt, suggest that you enter your calories consumed to help you with your health.  It only makes sense because that is what the public would want - "I want an app that does this!"

What I think bothered me the most was just the blatant negative.  If you cannot get the 10,000 steps in, fine, look for something that won't require pressure on your feet.  Bottom line, she was me a year ago, providing every excuse for why I could not do something.  I did not want to be one of those people anymore.  I did not want to be dragged down into the negative because I felt I was being a drain on my friends who were the most positive and inspirational. 

Random Cathy and I met at the nail salon for some friend time.  I know I talked a lot about the reunion stuff and losing the weight, but I felt good and not dragged down.  I thought it was funny that she told me that I inspired her to give her FitBit a reprieve and try again. 

The bottom line - I am not here to sell the FitBit program to anyone.  What I am doing is a mixture of doctor's orders and overall, "Look!  You are not happy with yourself and the only one to change that is YOU!"  I am trying to do what I can to lose the weight - I want it off and I want to feel some sense of accomplishment.  I just want to be healthy, so that I can do the things I have always wanted to do.

There are no guarantees in this life that my relationship situation will change, so I am not relying on weight loss for that.  This is a journey I need to take in order to find out what other things are in store for me with less weight on my frame.  What cool clothes could I wear?  Would I be more fashionable and have the style and grace I have always imagined I could have?  I won't know until I lose the weight.  So, there is more here than meets the eye.  It is all part of the theme for this year - Re-make/Re-Model. 

In the end, there are many reasons for me to lose this weight.  It is just time to do it.

By the way, the personal trainer at YMCA is super sweet and very positive.  I like her and she is fabulous.  I made it known that at my age, I am not looking to be ripped.  Just looking to strengthen my muscles everywhere and tone it up a bit.  All in accordance to being healthy and keep losing the weight.  She was great with that.

Side Note:  She is not a morning person like me so that is so great!

Today, my shoulders and legs still feel a bit like jello, but I will get over that soon.  The exercises the trainer provided are easy enough for me to do, so I am looking forward to trying to do those again in the next couple of days.  Time for me to get in some MI-5 and walk in place before heading into work.

God's Message to Me:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

as you surrender to divine providence in your life, you will feel lifted and carried and held.

All is well, all is well, all is well.

2 comments:

  1. I loved our "friend time." And, me and Fit Bit had a rocky day. In fact, I'm pretty sure he is lying to me. I know I just have to have more steps than he is reporting today. Maybe he is embarrassed that I stuck him in an orange wrist band and is taking it out on me...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am going to start calling him Fib Bit.

    ReplyDelete