Monday, March 24, 2014

Ooops - System Reboot Resulted in BSD...

My system reboot turned into a system crash.  Nutshell, I fell off the wagon.  Only a couple of days, I actually made 10,000 steps.  I hardly made any effort to work out, which was bad.  It was just a very crazy week.

I also gained about 4 lbs.  So, there is my proof that the best weight loss equation for me is the following:

  • Portion control
  • Drink LOTS of water
  • Accountable for what I put in my mouth
  • Exercise
I noticed that when I was in the office, I was more inclined to look for something to put in my mouth.  I got smart by Friday and made sure I brought in fruit and vegetables for snacking.  That helped a lot in making me feel full.

Today, I get back on the proverbial wagon and get back to what I was doing.  I was doing well and working pretty hard on it.  I know what works best and it does not fail me.

During this "off" week, I have noticed that my blood sugar has gone up considerably in the mornings.  Then, again, I have been skipping taking my Lantus at night.  I have felt pretty drained and exhausted.  I need to shake off the funk and get with it.  I cannot let that drag me down and start gaining weight.

I just need to find that "right" balance of watching what I eat and not be obsessive about it.

Here is to a new start - start fresh with a new, positive perspective:

God's Message to Me:

within each heart is a spark of the Divine.

These sparks of Divinity and love can reach into the darkness and transform it. However, there may be times when you need to shine your heart extra brightly because others may be struggling to keep their spark alive. Let your light bring hope to a situation that feels dark and hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment