Wednesday, March 19, 2014

System Reboot Time...

Some times, when your computer starts acting whacky, it is always time for a good reboot.  Clear out whatever is in memory and restart.  After getting on the scale today, I think it is time for me to do the same thing.

Last week, I was so proud and excited that I had gotten down to 276.9.  Today, I weight 279.5.  *sigh*  Very annoying.

I have been going out to eat a lot and having difficulty making sure I record what all I am eating.  At the same time, I am not finishing everything on my plate.  Still, because I am not recording what I am eating, I would safely assume that I am eating more than I should.

It is time for me to reboot.  Crack down and be more observant.  This is not a difficult task, but I have found that my world has been revolving around nothing but the weight loss.  If I take my focus off of that for a minute, I feel I have lost it.

So, let's follow this logic:  I need to quit obsessing over losing weight and exercising.  Yes - I need to be aware of what I am eating and make sure I get in some exercise every day.  However, I need to get more control around it and not allow it to take up my whole life.  Quite frankly, it should be possible for me to better plan out what I am going to eat and create healthy eating plans and schedule in my exercise. 

Sometimes, I have also found too much information can be such a drain.  Everyone has their own way to handling weight loss.  Heaven knows that there are so many books written on the matter.  I get a lot of advice and so much of it is so conflicting.  While I will say, drinking water is never bad for you, I will say the ways everyone has gone about it is amazing.  Never drink water while you are eating.  Drink 8 oz of water before each meal.  Never drink carbonated water...and the list goes on...

I just need to settle down, refocus, and be steady.  I will do this and so what if I gained a few pounds.  I am now officially in my new group, I got to enjoy the company of someone I have not seen in quite awhile, and sometimes, it is good to just let my hair down, so to speak.

So - here is to getting my weight loss groove back, but not allow it to consume me.  Also, for a new life adventure.  Today, I start my Beginning Writer's Course

God's Message to Me:

love is a great investment.

A new house, a valuable stock portfolio and precious gems may seem like good investments. But will they be there to comfort you in difficult times? Share your joy in good times? Or sit by you as you breathe your last breath? Invest some time and energy in loving others and watch your investment grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment