Sunday, March 9, 2014

Getting the Balance Right...

Let's see - I am finishing my 9th week of this journey to find the "new" me.  The one thing I cannot seem to get a handle is getting the balance right.  Every time I get back to doing the Glucerna Hunger Smart shakes, I have a lot more blood sugar drops.  It is pretty annoying.

Yesterday, I did my strength training.  I think I might have avoided the achy muscles had I walked more the first time.  Since I was up early, I walked for about 5 minutes, then went through my work out as the trainer described.  Next, I got back on the treadmill and walked another 30 minutes.  I did not experience the soreness I had on Wednesday and Thursday.  Now, only one of two things could be the issue:  I either did the exercises wrong or by walking a bit more, that resolved the issue.

I did buy an exercise ball to do some of the strength training while I am at home.  I figure a little bit here and there would help.

While I was at "The Y", I saw some of the exercise classes in session.  I loved seeing the Zumba class as well as the step aerobic class.  They look like a lot of fun.  I also watched the people doing the spinning class.  Wow!  I was really impressed.

I think the decision to join "The Y" was a good one.  Granted, this particular Y does not have a pool, I am fine with that.  The people and facility are both very nice.  I might try the yoga class there as well.  I know I may never be super athletic, but I would love to be in better shape.

The one thing I am trying to keep in mind is not to do too much.  Sure, I would love to join these classes and give them a go, but I do not want to overwhelm myself.  I know I feel better when I am more active.  I have noticed that I do handle myself a bit better.  I still have low point bouts, but those do not go on for days and days.  I believe those occur when I have doubts with what I am truly capable of being able to do.

God's Message to Me:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you can be an echo of your past, or the glory of your future.

Past is connected to future through the present. At this very moment, at every moment, you are choosing to carry on the past with all its troubles on your shoulders, OR to let it go and see bright future pull your forward. Choose wisely.

My plan is to work forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment