Sunday, November 2, 2014

Being Technology Dependent...

I have noticed that the more and more I have become dependent upon technology, there are those times where I am completely beside myself when it fails.  Being that dependent on technology is a bit scary, to be honest.

There are so many points of failure and believe me, if you have a single point of failure, you can bet your life's savings that it will happen and all will be lost.  Small wonder people are in fits when their hard drives crash and there is no back up.  I have been through that episode a few times.  Believe me, I was not very happy.  I have even cried because of what I lost.

As many know, I use the FitBit Flex to get 10,000 steps in a day.  Believe me, there is no way I could possibly keep count of the number of steps I take in a day, so I need a pedometer.  The FitBit Flex has been a great help, but I have come to my technology dependency stage.

You have to recharge the FitBit Flex to make sure it properly measures your steps.  Not a problem, but lately, my FitBit program is not sending me a notification that my battery is low.  Usually, when I get that, I will plug in the device and let it recharge.

A couple of months ago, I went to recharge the FitBit Flex one night and when I woke up, it had not been charged.  Talk about frustration.  I had bought an extra Flex for a gift and decided that was not a good idea, so I kept it.  I got that one out and used that device for measuring my steps.  I thought I had a great back up plan - if one ran out, I would have a charged back up.  I just need to change the device on the website.

This week, I experience the situation where both devices were drained.  I tried charging both and neither were working.  I used the iPhone for getting steps in, but the numbers were off because I am not used to carrying my iPhone all over the place.  It was frustrating.  Next, to realize that maybe I had a situation where one device was probably fried as well as one of the chargers.  I got one charger to show up to be working, so it charged the current FitBit device I am wearing.  I tried the other charger and it did not work.  So, I connected the charger that worked and it charged the other FitBit device. 

Overall, it was frustrating because I was on a roll and this really threw me off my game.  I was getting my 10,000+ steps in each day and feeling pretty good about it.  (You know how it feels when you make a goal and you achieve it).  Well, now, I am back to being on my way to do my steps. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment