Monday, November 17, 2014

Finding Comfort in the LIttle Things...

After sitting through another Dallas Stars loss on Saturday afternoon, then dealing with some ugly DART rail aftermath (wet bottom caused by a previous rider who spilled their drink - I hope), I had decided to make mom's hamburger soup.  There is no real recipe for the soup - it was something she threw together and quite honestly was very delicious on cold days.

For whatever reason, I lost all energy I had in the morning and was tremendously sluggish in getting anything else done.  However, I did manage to get the potatoes peeled and the soup on the stove.  The outside was very cold and in some areas, there were some snow flurries.  

The last time I ran the dogs outside for their final potty before heading to bed, the outside air was tremendously chilly and biting.  During our walk, I began to feel something hitting my face.  While the dogs were sniffing for what other messages had been left behind, I began to realize that it was snowing.  I stood there for a few moments just watching the simple beauty of the flakes swirling down from the sky.  

There was a certain beauty of seeing the flakes slowly float to the ground.  Heavy snow flurries are beautiful when viewed from inside a warm home.  However, this held somewhat of a magical spell, similar to what you might see in the movies.  

I walked the dogs home quickly since Chloe was visibly cold.  Still, I really enjoyed getting to savor that moment of watching the flakes just float in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment