Sunday, November 30, 2014

When Your Planning Goes Awry...

As I look around my apartment and reflect upon my week, nothing I had originally planned to do got done.  Another instance of "Oooo...I cannot wait for my week of vacation!  I will be able to do blah, blah, and blah".  Yeah - pretty annoying when that just does not break down as you hoped.

To varying degrees, some stuff can wait.  I mean, is it really going to walk off?  I am fairly certain that is "no."  However, I have tons of laundry to do, clean the kitchen - it really needs it, clear out the clutter, and get rid of the paper clutter that has accumulated.

I am more disturbed by the other plans that actually meant something to me to get done.  For instance, I was going to cook my own Thanksgiving dinner.  I went to another person's house for Thanksgiving this year.  It just was not a Thanksgiving dinner that I am used to having. 

Last year, Thanksgiving was spent with just the dogs.  I was in the kitchen cooking my own little heart out and when it was all said and done, I was truly fat and happy.  I was thankful to have the time alone as well as feeling that the dinner was a tribute to my mother.  Had she been here, I think she would have been shocked not to have been in the kitchen doing any of that cooking.  (Actually, a few years before she passed away, I did cook for her and I know she appreciated it.)

Anyway, since I went off course there, I had planned on preparing a turkey breast with all of the trimmings today.  Unfortunately, there were no fresh turkey breasts to be had - only frozen.  In order to defrost, I would have to let the turkey breast sit in the refrigerator for 2 days.  Yeah - I do not see that happening.  

It really bummed me out!  I had all of these plans and *poof*, all up in smoke.

Maybe that is something I can do for next Sunday.  The bonus there is that I can eat leftovers all the next week which is a money saver and a blessing for me.

After my experience with Thanksgiving this year, I think I will make it a point to just stay home and enjoy the holiday with the dogs.  No matter how exhausting both of them can make me, I am terribly thankful to have them in my life.  They are a reality check when I feel down - sure I had a bad day, but you know what, they don't know and they are damned happy to see me.

As for Christmas, I am still pondering what to do there.  I have a real urge to stay home.  The only thing I truly want for Christmas is just peace and quiet.  I do not need drama or what have you from someone else's home.  Also, I would love the time to reflect and think about what I want to achieve for the upcoming new year. 

The downside is that I need to get gifts over to those who gave me presents the past couple of years.  I feel badly because I do not know what to get for them and honestly, I am not part of their lives.  However, I feel an obligation to get them something in a way of saying "Thank You."  I do not expect anything from them and they should not feel that they need to get me anything.  I simply want to give this one last gift, then be done with it.  After that, spend that $15-$30 on someone else.

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

encouragement is important.

Everybody needs to be encouraged, including you. Keep doing the best you can, you've got what it takes and you are going to make it. Remember to encourage others to pursue their own dreams. Build each other up, encouragement is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment