Sunday, March 25, 2012

Aging Gracefully...

As long as I could remember, I always wanted to be thinner or prettier.  I kept up with the latest fads for hair, make-up, or clothes (as best as I could).  Once I turned 40, I started making a change.

I tried fake nails.  I realized that fake nails just was not me.  Botox?  I do not even care of giving myself the insulin shots - you really think I would be so vain to have poisons injected into me for that?!  Any sort of plastic surgery or liposuction - even weight loss surgery - I just cannot see the point.  I can lose weight by adjusting my diet and getting exercise.

Bottom line, I just want to age gracefully.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I see people who were thin in their younger years, but have gained weight.  That is okay because the weight was not what made them the people they are. 

For years, people tell me that I have not aged.  I know better.  I can see the lines on my forehead and around my eyes and lips.  Lip stick feathers now when I wear it.  It is those little things that we notice the most.  However, rather than turning into a plastic face, I want to be real.  While I may not play up those wrinkles, I won't hide them, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment