Saturday, March 31, 2012

Being okay with making mistakes...

On Thursday, I took my father and his girlfriend out for his birthday dinner at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse.  Dinner was delicious.  I tried to make good choices, so that I could enjoy a little of the chocolate sin cake.  However, I have found that I have made a few more mistakes with my eating the past few days.

Last night, I found I could not keep my hands out of the chip and salsa bowls.  To make matters worse, I gave in and ordered a cup of queso.  Good thing I did not order the bowl!  I found I ate more rice than I should have with the Pechuga de Pollo. 

Today, I missed breakfast because I woke up late and needed to be at Polished for a manicure/pedicure at 9:30 AM.  I rolled out of bed, hit the shower, blow dried my hair, brushed my teeth, and walked the dogs before 9:10 AM.  After the mani/pedi, I did some shopping at the mall and grocery store.  By the time I got home, it was almost 2 PM.  I had to walk the dogs and put the groceries away before being able to eat lunch.

By the time I finally got to eat lunch, my blood sugar was at 165.  This morning, it was 243 before I left the apartment.  However, I was so hungry that I ate too much.  I made a really huge salad and had a bowl of soup.  I should have stopped at the salad.  I was proud of the fact that I did not drench the salad in dressing.  there was just enough to only leave a few smears on the plate.

I ended up taking a nap with Bo and Chloe.  When I got up and checked my blood sugar, it was 267.  I had eaten a cookie and a couple of pieces of chocolate before taking the nap.  I knew that was the cause for the high number.  I need to just crack down on what food I am putting in my mouth.

Tomorrow, just have to be really careful of what I eat and get back on track.  It is okay to make those mistakes because you have to get those cravings out of your system.  Otherwise, denying yourself foods will make you fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment