Monday, March 5, 2012

On-call Monday...

I despise on-call.  I will make no bones about it, either.  Then, again, there are a lot of things about my job I no longer enjoy doing. 

I cut out the Paradise multi-grain bread that I was eating.  Apparently, that was what was really spiking my blood sugar.  I enjoyed it while it lasted.  I am back to Nature's Own Double Fiber and Wonder's Smart White or Wheat bread.  The carb value works for me.

My morning blood sugar is starting to lower as well.  Currently, I am taking 14 units of insulin and I am really restricting what I eat.  I hope the combo has a good effect and I can lose weight while I am doing it.  I am more concerned over my blood sugar than anything else.

Last night, I decided to cook a rib eye steak, steamed veggies, and a salad.  While cooking the rib eye, the smoke alarms went off in the apartment.  I don't think I will be cooking with that recipe again.  However, it was delicious all the same.

I ended up heading to bed around 8:45 PM last night and fell asleep with the dogs on the bed.  I woke up at 11:30 PM and got the dogs ready to go for their walk.  I have lost my patience with them on several occassions.  Bo will bark when exiting or seeing a rabbit.  Chloe has gotten into the bad habit of eating whatever crap is in the grass - probably rabbit poo.  Blech! I yanked on Chloe quite a bit to get her to behave and she started walking funny.  My intent is not to hurt, but to get her out of whatever she is trying to get into in the grass areas.  I have already spent $2500 to get her stomach and intestines better.  I know how much I hate it when I have the "runs" and I hate for her to have them. 

She is better this morning, but still hunting down crap in the grass areas to eat.  Ugh!  I got onto her twice by trying to take whatever she picked up out of her mouth.  I think I am at my wits end with her.

Time to deal with work.  I hope it is a calm week and no huge surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment