Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coffee and coloring...

This lazy Sunday morning, I was able to find myself being able to sleep later than usual with the dogs.  It was quite nice to get the extra rest.

After putting the pork loin, onions, and BBQ sauce in the crock pot, I walked the dogs.  This morning, neither dog wanted to mind what was needing to be done.  Rather, they wanted to bark and attempt to attack other dogs.  Bo and Chloe are becoming too territorial and it troubles me.

I fixed some Fiber One pancakes and turkey sausage for breakfast.  After everyone finished eating, I picked up food bowls and cleaned my own plates.  I have been watching the Doc Martin BBC TV series.  It is interesting, however, I found myself doing something I had not done in ages - doodling.

My inspiration is from Random Cathy.  I am not attempting to be some wonderful artist, but more or less looking for ways to take my mind off of work.  I had bought a box of crayons and had a sketch notebook, so I just sat and worked on doodling.  It felt good - nothing to write home about, but just the calmness of letting my mind go and quit worrying.  I may do it more often - perhaps, that will perk up my creative side.

Once I wrap up this blog entry, I will return to folding and putting away the clean laundry and executing a purge for the soul.  Once that is completed, maybe I can work on building myself intellectually as well as creatively.  I need the "yling" for my "ylang".  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment