Thursday, March 1, 2012

A New Adventure Awaits...

Well, the bad news came to me on Tuesday.  My blood work showed that my A1C was 13.2 - Ouch!  Also, the blood work showed that the high blood sugar was beginning to affect my kidneys - Double Ouch! 

I knew this was coming.  I knew this was coming a long time ago and I tried to avoid it.  That was wrong for me to do.  So, now, I have accepted my fate with insulin shots.  *shiver*  It took me awhile to get adjusted to just poking my finger for testing my blood sugar.  Now, I have to poke my stomach and put something under the skin.

So, today starts a new adventure with using insulin shots to control my blood sugar as well as reworking my diet and getting some exercise into the fray.  I also need to learn to say "No" to various things at work.  Quite possibly, I need to put some emphasis into changing positions either within the company or leave completely.  That will be the most difficult part.

While I appreciate how so many depend on me, the down side is that they depend upon me too much.  I need time away and not feel "chained to the computer."  Reminds me of when I was in band in elementary, middle, and high school.  I loved band and playing clarinet so much that I enjoyed practicing.  By my senior year, I just was not enjoying band as I had.  It is quite sad because I have such ill feelings toward my clarinets.  The $70 clarinet my parents bought me produced such a lovely sound that the wooden clarinet could never produce.  That is pretty sad.  I know my parents put in a lot of money into that clarinet. 

Getting back on target, the point is that as much as I enjoy coding and such, this job of debugging issues for everyone is tiresome.

So, it is time to embrace the new adventure and make the most of it.  Look at everything with a positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment