Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trying new recipes...

Last night, I checked my blood sugar and it was 510.  I was surprised and rather annoyed.  I had a tuna fish sandwich 4 hours before the test using Paradise multigrain bread.  Now, I am going to be more observant on what I am eating.  Also, I won't be eating the multigrain bread just to make sure that it is not spiking my blood sugar.

Before falling back to sleep, I was looking at Diabetic Living magazine and going over the various recipes.  I have some boneless skinless chicken in the refrigerator.  I plan on baking it using roasted chicken spices.  I am going to make steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms as well as a new dish - potato and leek au gratin.  I am excited to try it.  If it is good, then I will be making more of it.

Also, I am trying to figure out what would be a good recipe for using the crock pot.  Next week, I am on-call and it would be a good idea to have some quick fix meals.

Time to start on some chores, then head off to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment