Thursday, March 8, 2012

When Money Can Solve Problems...

Today, not only did I get my paycheck, but I also got my yearly bonus.  Not as much as last year, but I won't complain.  The extra money will pay off several bills and leave more money in my bank account.  I was very worried about how that would work out this year after some foolish mistakes made by the much higher ups.  It will feel good to take that money and pay off the bills.  That monkey on my back won't be so heavy and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I made so many foolish money management errors in my life.  To be honest, I still make them.  I admitted that I was a "make-up whore" the other day.  I have WAY too much of it.  However, on the flip side, I am actually making effort to wear make up.  I need to throw out a bunch of mascara and eye liner.  The old stuff was irritating my left eye pretty badly.

So, I have written down to cut back on the make up as well as DVDs and CDs.  Next, I need to figure out if I should continue with TiVo or get another cable box.  I have had this cable box since I left the old apartment.  However, I have an HD TV in my bedroom and the TiVo box has finally bitten the dust.  I also realized that the video quality on the old TiVo box really stunk.  After watching the entire series of As Time Goes By, the DVD quality was crystal clear - no crappy resolution.  So, now, I am trying to determine if I really want to get another TiVo box or cancel the membership and move that $13.81 over to payment to Time Warner.  I may look further into that.

Last night, when I injected my insulin for the night, some of it came back out, even though I left the needle in my stomach for a short time.  That grossed me out a bit, but I worked on shaking it off.  However, the result of that is that my blood sugar was much higher this morning.  It was about 334.  This afternoon, my blood sugar reached 440.  Crap lunch from the work cafeteria.  My bad.

Tonight, I made bacon tomato sandwiches for dinner.  I was able to get the bacon cooked and have plenty of bacon fat for green beans later.  I put out the rump roast to put in the crock pot either tomorrow or Thursday.  I managed to get some laundry done as well as emptying out the dishwasher.  I still need to fill the dishwasher and do more laundry, but a little bit a day means just that much less I have to do.

Almost time for me to take the dogs out for their nightly walk.  I am trying really, REALLY hard to hold off for a bit.  For several nights, Bo has been waking me up in the middle of the night for a walk.  I am getting tired of that interruption.  It is bad enough I have to get up sometimes to go to the bathroom.

I want to make an appointment to get a mani/pedi, but with on-call duty, I am afraid to do that.  I am seriously thinking of doing that sort of thing during the week next week.  Maybe, even take a personal day

No comments:

Post a Comment