Sunday, April 1, 2012

Techno Headaches...

So, I decided to finally pull out my "black box" for a Linux overhaul.  I installed a new hard drive.  Created installation disks for CentOS 6.2 64-bit, Oracle 11g 11.2 DB, Oracle Golden Gate, and Oracle SOA Suite 11.1.1.6.  Now, I am trying to install the CentOS 6.2 software and having "issues."

Nothing is ever easy, it seems.  My installation disk for CentOS 6.2 was crap from the check.  I am using up a lot of DVDs to get this done, too.  I suppose that is okay as I have another box of DVD+RW.  At this point, I am trying to create another CentOS 6.0 disk.  (Blasted, another ruined DVD!)

Try, try again, I suppose.

I have allowed myself to get a little frustrated.  That part is wrong because when I get frustrated, I start looking for something to eat.  Of course, I went about that all wrong as well.  I could not resist the M&Ms this time.  I have gotten rid of them..and no, not via my stomach.  Still, I did it and knew I should not have done it.  (Quit beating yourself up - it is okay, just be more careful)

I have managed to get other work done such as getting the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.  I have also done a couple of loads of laundry.  Still, this place looks a wreck.  Too many baskets and bags, which need to go out the door.  My hope is to take off this Friday and if I do not head to the Texas Ranger Ball Park, then grab hot dogs, do work at home, and enjoy the game in the comfort of my own home.  No "work" work - what was the point in taking off from work in the first place, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment