Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Frustration sets in...

I cannot figure it out.  Today, no matter what I did, my blood sugar kept rising and rising.  I ended the evening with 437 and that is not good. 

My day started with blood sugar level at 248.  Two hours after I ate breakfast, my blood sugar climbed to 317.  Two hours later, it was 306.  Before leaving for dinner, it was 378 and ended with 437.  Arrrrggggghhhh!  Talk about blowing it up.

*sigh*  Okay - today sucked.  Get up, dust off the mess on your knees and evaluate what is wrong.  I did not have my normal bread and think that maybe that is part of the problem.  Also, I tried some cream cheese instead of butter on my toast.  Lunch was chicken stir fry and a salad.  Let's cut out one of those - either have the chicken stir fry or the salad, but not both.  Dinner was at Blue Fish Grill.  I got fried fish and I should have gone with grilled.  Then, again grilled oysters does not peak my interest.  Usually, there is a really good grilled dish on the special wall, but not tonight.  Poor choice on my part, still.

So, tonight, I will take my meds, lie down, and just meditate on what I was doing wrong today and try again tomorrow.  God willing, the numbers will be lower and a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment