Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lowering numbers...

I hope that I am not jinxing myself on this post.  Once I buckled down and really got serious about writing down what I put in my mouth and doing the frequent testing, it has really helped me to lower my blood sugar numbers.  I know I have to keep this up and continue to eat as healthy and properly as I can.

Tuesday, my blood sugar numbers were really out of control.  By Thursday, I was starting to see the numbers lower through out the day.  One thing I have noticed is that when I eat breakfast, my blood sugar really spikes.  It seems to be a trend.  I would go from 203 to 288 within 2 hours.  Afterwards, even with lunch and dinner, my blood sugar would not spike as much.  In fact, the numbers would actually lower.

I figured I might have blown the work on Thursday and Friday.  Thursday, I went to Cotton Patch for lunch.  I had the grilled chicken salad.  On Friday, it was a late lunch at Bone Daddy's.  I had the Lucky #7 salad. The salad was pretty good, but I would have rather had a hard-boiled egg instead of the fried onions.  (I moved them off to a corner of my plate and let a co-worker eat them.) 

I noticed that even though lunch was not something that I fixed, the numbers continued to lower through out the day.  I must continue to focus on the goal - getting my morning blood sugar down to below 150.  Today, my morning blood sugar was 197 at 7:45 AM.  At 10:30 AM, my blood sugar had lowered to 180.  Now, I am trying to decide if I should have salad and soup or hot dogs for lunch today.  I will probably do the first choice, then get some wood grilled salmon from Red Lobster for dinner.

Another thing I have noticed when my blood sugar is below 200 is that I have a bit more energy.  Not to get too TMI here, right before that certain time, I am physically exhausted.  The type of exhausted where it is all you can do to get up in the morning.  Once all of that passes, I am still pretty worn out, but nothing like that.

The next couple of things I need to add to this change is to start exercising and taking cinnamon and fish oil pills.  Both will help with lowering blood sugar even more.  I am up for doing anything that will help lower my blood sugar as is not something crazy.

I hope that with all of these changes, one side bonus would be that I lose weight.  I would really like to get back into those old jeans that I have put into storage.  My current jeans are starting to show a bit of wear and tear.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment