Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

For lunch, I met my friend, Cathy, and her husband.  At first, we were going to eat at Chow, but oddly enough, it was closed for Easter.  (Joke in there regarding A Christmas Story)  John suggested Genghis Grill.  I had never been there and have always wanted to try, so I was game for it.

I was quite amazed.  The customer builds their own bowl based on what protein, spices, veggies, sauces, and starches.  I liked that.  John suggested a couple of sauces to try, which were spicy, but very tasty.  In the end, I got a bowl that was really delicious.  My problem, I should have put more veggies in the bowl.  :-)  Next time, I will try what another friend has suggested - use spinach instead of rice.  That sounds like a great alternative!

I managed to make deviled eggs and cucumber/tomato salad to go with the Red, Hot, and Blue potato salad, and ham steak.  I also threw in some steamed veggies.  I got an invitation to go to Breadwinners, but I passed on that.  Mainly because I had all of this food I had prepared.  Also, I needed to avoid getting the "free" dessert.

I was looking at my refrigerator.  It is pretty full of plastic containers.  Most are full of left-overs that I can have through out the week for lunch or dinner.  I am very thankful for that because I am on-call this week.  I rarely get to fix a proper dinner when I am on-call.  I also got the ingredients to make Chicken Shrimp Jambalaya.  This would be the slow cooker version, so that would be tremendous for me.  Throw it in the crockpot, then head out to work.

I admit that I did not get much done this weekend.  However, I did manage to get the following done:

  • Installed 2 TB hard drive into Linux system and make the space available to the system
  • Played around with creating a volume group, extending the space, and removing the volume group - loved that because it was learning something new
  • Washed some clothes
  • Got dirty dishes washed
  • Disabled the TiVo box from the DVD Recorder and cable system in the bedroom
  • Throwing out trash in the bedroom
  • Reorganizing my medicine basket, so that I know where all of my meds are located
I still have tons to do, but one day a time.  I found 3 more iTunes gift cards, so I can buy more music to download.  I think I will see about downloading the Ultravox catalog.  Mainly the stuff from the 80's - Vienna, Rage In Eden, Quartet, and Lament.  A new release from the reformed band is expected on 5/28.  Also, pick up some more Kraftwerk.  The band has a limited edition box set available at the Museum of Modern Art in New York on 4/10. 

Hope everyone had a great Easter and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment