Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Positive strokes...

About two weeks ago, I noticed something very odd with my left foot.  It appears to be some sort of fungus, so I tried Lotromin, but it really did not do much for me.  So, rather than chance ignoring it, I went to the doctor.

My doctor agreed, but since Lotromin was not working, she prescribed another cream to put on my foot and it should clear up within a week.  Next, she wanted to know how everything was going with the insulin.  I had brought my daily planner and showed her where I was trying to make good choices.  She noticed my blood pressure was down as well as I had lost 9 pounds.  She was excited.  I stated that I know that the numbers have decreased, but was having trouble with sharp spikes after eating breakfast.  She seemed concerned and stated that I probably will need regular insulin to take before eating.  However, we would see where I was after another month and half.  At that time, it would be my 3 month check up.

I actually left the doctor's office feeling that I have really made some progress.  Most people have noticed the right choices being made, but I do not always make them.  I even said that to the doctor.  She was fine with that because overall, I was doing what I need to be doing.  Otherwise, I would not be making any progress.

Today has been a good day and I feel much better about what is happening.  I will continue to work hard at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment