Saturday, April 7, 2012

Maybe not a good start to the day...

Blood sugar numbers remaining under 250, so that makes me happy.  It is progress from the 350-400 out of control numbers.  Mantra - Be patient, keep working at it, and all will be better.  Just don't give up.

I had a great time last night.  I got to see my high school friend, Cathy, enjoy some good food, then we went to listen to music performances at Theater 166.  That was a lot of fun.  What was most interesting was that the headliner had his daughter open for him.  She did a fantastic job and showed she definitely had her father's musical ability.  Then, when the headliner performed, I found myself tapping to a lot of the songs.  It was great.

I got home, walked and fed the dogs, then headed off to bed.  Somewhere around 3 AM, the stupid smoke alarm started chirping.  I had turned down the thermostat because I sleep better when it is cool.  In an effort to keep the dogs from freaking out more, I turned up the heat a little bit.  By doing that, the warm air makes the smoke alarm quit chirping.  Still, have to locate the one that is chirping and replace the battery.  However, I want my sleep.

I let Bo run about the apartment until he settled down while wearing the belly band (have to prevent unnecessary accidents).  In the mean time, I climbed back in bed to sleep and had Chloe literally on top of my head.  While I do not mind, what kept me awake was her constant scratching my head.  I kept petting her to let her know it was okay, but it took awhile for her to settle down and go to sleep.

When I did "officially" wake up, I took the dogs out for their morning work.  Once I was back, I went to fix my breakfast, a jar of chopped garlic fell on the tile in the kitchen.  The jar busted open and there was the mess I really did not want.  I said a few obscenities, as I tend to do, then went on about the business of cleaning up the mess.

At this point, I am about to put together my shopping list and pick up stuff for Easter.  This year, I will probably spend Easter alone.  That will be very strange, but I need to get through this.  I figure there will be more holidays where I will be alone and I need to work out what one needs to do.  It is a growing experience.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment