Monday, April 23, 2012

Confrontations are never fun...

I guess feeling "walked on" got to me a little bit too much.  The whole situation kept eating at me all weekend.  Today, when I was asked a question, I popped back "Is that so you can take credit for the answer?"

I had to confront the person regarding Friday's incident and was met with "I did not say that." and "Do you know I credit you all the time via messages and email?"  Well, yes, you did say that and no, I don't know what you say or take credit for behind my back.  What is said behind my back I will leave well enough alone.  It is what is said in front of me that I take offense.  I have always stopped and helped whether I should have or not.  It bothers me to no end to have this conversation, but on more than one occasion I do feel taken for granted.  When asked to forgo my weekends to do someone else's on-call work so that they go do something spur of the moment and I say no because I have plans, I get 20 questions regarding what is it that I could possibly be doing that is more important.  I said "No - I have plans."  Leave it at that, but it does not happen.  I am made to feel guilty that I have plans.

I hate the drama.  I hate feeling like I should have nothing else better to do than work 24x7 and not expected any sort of compensation for doing it. 

Why do I feel like the bad guy in this mess?  I was honest and needed for this person to understand that what has been happening is not fair to me.  To make matters worse, he labels me as "psycho."  This is what makes me hate my job so much at times.

It is time for me to go to bed and before I sleep, have that talk with God for guidance on what I need to do next.  It is days like this I so wish my mother was still alive and I could talk to her.  She always listened and knew how to calm me down.  I miss her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment