Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crap food...

Yes - I have endured "crap food" today.  I have a friend, who also has diabetes, but has to have her burger every week.  Today, due to job stress, she decided to have a bloody mary AND a chocolate milk shake.  I did not say anything because I am not the one making those choices for her.  I make bad choices, then that is MY fault.

I thought I might play it safe and try Jake's Atkin's fare.  Ehhhh...not so good.  I still feel hungry.  I tried some sweet potato fries and that did nothing for me.  I should have stuck with the grilled chicken salad as I had planned.  Better choice for next time...I hope.

I did manage to run by the grocery store on my way home to get some decent food.  Tomorrow will be a conference call heavy day - no time to leave and enjoy lunch.  I figured to go ahead and pick up some stuff in order to make tuna salad, fresh veggies, and fruit.  I have to continue to eat healthy as I really need the good side-effects.

In regards to hamburgers, quite honestly, I want a thick, juicy burger and use the sandwich rounds for the bun.  Most of the carbs for hamburgers come from the bun, so reduce that by using the sandwich rounds, that works best for me.  I really do not want another hamburger unless it is a nice thick homemade burger.  Nothing else or I am just cheating myself.  (Basically, if I am going to blow it, then damn it, I want the burger to be damn good.  :-) )

My blood sugar is elevated this week, but I know why.  A little TMI for here, but the fact I know that it has an effect on my blood sugar is something for me to trend.

(Sometimes, I suffer from ADD, so I apologize for the abrupt endings. )

No comments:

Post a Comment