Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nearing the End of This Year's Tour de France...

Every morning this July, I have sat at my desk and while working, I would watch the live coverage of the Tour de France.  Talk about some awesome performance by the athletes.  I was sad when Tejay Vangardener had to abandon the race due to upper respiratory issues.  He was doing so well in the race.  He was in second place for the yellow jersey and I am sure he was just gutted.

I watched Chris Froome win the 2013 race and he is doing quite well this year.  Last year, I saw him wipe out and that was it for him in that race.  So, it is great to see him back and racing as he did.

Tomorrow will be the final race - the race to Champs-Elysees.  In 2013, the cyclists rode from Versailles Palace to Champs-Elysees and it was so beautiful.  Well, to be honest, being a viewer, I love seeing the scenery - it is so beautiful.

I was disappointed that some race fans were making rude gestures and such.  That really takes away from the race.  It is just sad.

However, at this point, it would seem that Chris Froome will win the race this year and good for him.  He is a strong cyclist.  What I did love was how everyone talked about depending on their team members.  Great to see such team work.

The month of July has just flow by and that is due to watching the Tour for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment