Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tour de France - Stage 2

I won't be reporting on every stage of the Tour, but watching the group ride today has been exciting as well as concerning.  The current stage route is from Utrecht to Zelande in the Netherlands.  From the shots taken by the helicopters, the country is really beautiful.

Today, there have been a several crashes.  The weather has not been the best in that it has been raining on the route.  I hate to see the cyclists crash because sometimes it can be really dangerous.  I think the roundabouts have been the most trouble.  Trying to crowd so many cyclists, there is bound to be an issue or two.

For me, I have been cheering on Chris Froome, Mark Cavendish, and American Tejay Vangarden.  I remember watching Tejay being behind in the 2013 Tour and glad to see him near the front of this sprint to the finishing line.

Later tonight, I will watch the women's soccer game - USA vs Japan.  Hope that USA wins.  That will make a lot of people very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment