Saturday, July 11, 2015

What is Wrong with Me?

After my first week of drinking shakes for breakfast and lunch, eating lots of fruit and protein for snacks, then trying to have a reasonable dinner, I gained 1.2 lbs.  Now, I weigh 307.2.  My initial weigh-in was 306.

Now, to be truthful, that initial weigh-in was two weeks ago.  I could have gained a couple of more pounds before this week.  Also, I have been drinking tons and tons of water.  I tend to be a sponge and absorb fluid right before that monthly ordeal.  So, checking the calendar, it appears to be close to that time.

I can tell a change.  My morning blood sugar is in the upper 100s rather than the mid 200s.  That is a good thing.  I was just hoping to find that I had lost something, other than my mind.

During the day, my blood sugar remains in the lower 100s, which is good.  However, I get the shakes and such from time to time simply because I am not used to the low blood sugar.  That is fine - I will adjust.

The one thing I cannot seem to really get into the groove is walking.  It is so painful to stand and move at times.  I need to go back to the doctor and get this sorted out.  At least, give me something to get over this.  I really appreciate days where I can easily walk the dogs and have no pain.  Believe me - I say a "thank you" prayer to God each time.

However, while watching the Tour de France this week, I found myself thinking about riding a bike.  It was something I really liked when I was younger.  I caught myself looking at buying a bike, but the cost is a huge deterrent.  My friends, who are huge bike enthusiasts, gave me great suggestions on having it sized, so that, yes, you spend an awful lot on the bike, but it will last.

Through that, I figured what I really needed to do is hit the gym.  No personal trainer, but hit the gym and ride the bikes there.  Okay, so what if I am only on there for 10 to 15 minutes?  It is something and something I can build.  I have to start somewhere.

So, yes, I admit, I am discouraged.  However, when I started this metabolism kick start, my goal is to eat healthy and I am working towards that.  I am trying to make better choices and realize what I should be eating.  It is okay to splurge from time to time - I had shrimp nachos last night, but could not finish them - but do not make it every day.  I won't be having shrimp nachos any time soon again, for example.

Today, I head back to my parents house to sort out what needs to be trashed and kept.  At some point, I will need to locate a storage unit.  This sort of thing is stressful, but when I come home, it will be tuna sandwiches for dinner.  Homemade, so I know exactly what is in them and I eat better.

No comments:

Post a Comment