Tuesday, July 28, 2015

More Good Results...

This morning, I had my appointment with the endo.  I was nervous, but more on the calm side.  I was eager to find out if I had improved my A1C.  Also, I had to fast, so I drank a load of water.  That was not squelching the hunger, but I persevered.

My appointment was at 11:20 AM and I got to the office before my appointment.  Filled out the regular paperwork - basically, has anything changed medically/physically since the last time I was there for my 3 month visit.

I got my finger pricked for blood testing.  Before I went to see the doctor, the nurse told me that my blood sugar A1C had dropped.  Last time I was in to see the endo, my A1C was 8.8, which is high.  Even worse, when I saw the new PCP, the A1C was 9.2.  Yesterday, it was down to 7.8.  My blood sugar measurement was 125, which is fine.  Still high, but a sight better than 350.

My endo was happy with these results, but concerned for my morning numbers, which are higher than he would like.  That only means that I have to shave off some units of Lantus that I take in the morning and inject 5-10 units before going to bed.

Well, crud.  I was hoping to get away from the medications before bed business.  I will try it and see if that works for me.  Right now, I have lost weight - 3 to 4 lbs - getting closer to breaking back into the 200 range and get out of the 300 range.  I would love that.  I just need to remind myself that I need to take this day to day.  While long range goals are great, but I have to keep in sight what needs to happen on the day to day.

Continue healthy, controlled eating and drinking lots of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment