Saturday, August 1, 2015

No Bones About It - I Despise Texas Summers...

There are people in this world who truly love the summer.  It is their opportunity to really express their exhibitionist side.  They are able to strip off comfortably into a bikini or swim shorts and just walk around and be a part of "the crowd."

Then, there is me...

Hey - I do not deny anyone their right to wear a skimpy bathing suit at the pool or elsewhere, for that matter.  I just cannot stand the heat.  I turn into a really ugly bitch in the summer heat and it is not pretty.

I prefer the fall/winter/spring months when it is cooler.  I have enjoyed walking my dogs in the brisk, cool fall weather and cherished it immensely.  No heavy coat - maybe a light warm-up jacket - and I am good.

If you can choose when to do something, I cannot understand why some people choose the dead heat of summer to perform major projects.  For example, I need to clear out my garage.  There is no a/c and with the door open and even with a breeze, it would be too stinking hot to do anything right now.  I would prefer to take a week off at the end of October or beginning of November and work on the garage.  At least, it is cooler and manageable.

My major problem is that it takes me forever to cool down once I get hot.  I am not a pleasant person at that point.  My goal is to simply get into a cold shower and just stand there, letting the cool water wash off all of the sweat and crap, cooling down my body.  It is more obscene when humidity is involved.  Nothing more disgusting than getting that nice, clean shower, getting out, then you cannot dry off enough.  In the end, you feel like you need to take another bath.

So, I make no bones about it.  I despise Texas summers.  The rest of the year here is fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment