Saturday, August 1, 2015

Heading Into Two Weeks of Meal Replacement Shakes...

I lost another 0.7 lbs.  Not a huge loss, but one I can live with as it is a positive move.  However, after the incident yesterday, I am ready for the meal replacement shakes.

In the mornings, I usually take all of my medications before eating breakfast.  I figured breakfast would be a peanut butter and banana sandwich - about 400 calories.  My morning conference call went over its allotted time due to development debate.  I was pretty much annoyed with being put in a nasty position, but it comes with the job.  Furthermore, I was having issues with some support person who could have handled the situation much better than he had.  It was terribly annoying - I would open tickets to get access and he would close them by simply copying and pasting the Help Desk link.  The link did not provide the information I really needed to know.

So, I got cleaned up to head into work, but I have, yet, another call to attend.  That call goes longer than scheduled.  In the end, I never got my breakfast and my blood sugar dropped down to 78.  I had the shakes and was not functioning quite so well.  I drank some coke and waited for 15 minutes.

I was going to have lunch with a co-worker, but those plans fell through and I had nothing for lunch.  I could not experience another low like that at work.  I figured I would go to Liberty Burger.  I ordered a regular Liberty Burger with cheese and bacon, fries for my co-worker, and some onion rings.  

The burger was good.  However, the skinny fries were exactly like - shoestring fries and I am not a fan.  Onion rings were huge, but while eating my lunch, I got a call that ended up annoying me more.  A rescheduled event to take place on Friday had not been reserved as organized back in late April/early May.  I spent an hour on the phone trying to get something acceptable or the money returned.  I figured I would not get the money returned, but this was a huge faux pas - the event is next Friday and I was not happy.

So, I try to finish off my lunch, but cold onion rings are gross and the burger is not so great.  Furthermore, I am sick to my stomach.  The food I had eaten is just sitting there and it is not pleasant.

When I got home and completed making the dogs happy, we all went and laid down on the bed.  I fell asleep for two hours and still did not want anything to eat.  I finally ate leftover roasted potatoes, green beans and couscous around 11 PM.  Honestly, I was seriously not hungry - I was more sick with the burger and onion rings.

So, next week, I welcome the return to the meal replacement shakes.  At least, I can get the nutrients I need and pack fruit and veggies to snack.  Much better than those onion rings.  Blech!

Also, I have an appointment with the PCP to get a recheck.  This chronic lower back and thigh/hip pain has got to go!  It is really bringing me down and it hurts whenever I walk.  That is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment