Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cedars - Second Visit to Mediterranean Restaurant

On Tuesday, I was too tired to bother with cooking.  I had made the trip to Arlington to get Chloe checked out and coming back had worn me out a bit.  I decided to leave the dogs in the cool apartment and run out for some food.  I thought to try Cedars again.

Again, I ordered the Cedars special that provided unlimited access to the vegetarian buffet as well as one meat choice.  Again, I got the chicken kabob.  This time, I carried my number with me as I started to fill my plate. 

I selected the roasted cauliflower, roasted coriander potatoes, green beans, spinach, a small amount of spinach hummus, pasta salad, vegetarian couscous, and my favorite - cabbage salad.  On my last visit, there was no cabbage salad, so I was pretty excited about that.

I sat down to eat.  The service was still just a bit slow, but I had to excuse that due to a small baby shower and one family constantly bugging the wait staff.  Something I have noticed with the two places I frequent, sometimes, a family will just keep on and on with the wait staff on this and that regarding their order.  At Fadi's, the family in front of me kept stalling on their order and payment for so long that I got my falafel before I got a table.  

This was a different family and oddly enough, they had burdened the cashier staff for a good 10 minutes.  Next, they went through the line for their food, then were after the waiter for this and that.  I am not sure how these people manage at home, but they do not seem to have it all together at the restaurant.

I got my chicken kabob while I was eating.  Honestly, I was getting pretty full from everything on my plate before getting the kabob.  So, next time I visit, I will ever just get the kabob and some salad or just the vegetarian plate.  The kabob was hot and that was different from when I got something similar at Fadi's.  That kabob was lukewarm.  

Overall, the food was really good.  I only went through the buffet once and I walked out of there waddling due to being so stuffed.  I noticed that the advertisements posted indicated no eggs, dairy and such.  However, they have a gourmet pistachio ice cream.  I like pistachios, so I would be interested in trying their ice cream next time.  Also, considering the restaurant does not use dairy, I think the ice cream could be very interesting.

I like the fact that the place is a buffet where you put as much or as little of something on your plate.  Of course, that has its pros and cons as well.  It is difficult to decide between Cedars and Fadi's, but I know I will be going back to both places again.

No comments:

Post a Comment