Friday, August 14, 2015

Back Problems...

Since June 2014, I have had a lot of lower back issues.  It is truly annoying.  This past weekend, I noticed that I had to sit down quite a bit while walking in the mall because my back was simply hurting too much.  This worries me.

I have been to the doctor.  First time, do stretching exercises.  Second time, I have a prescription for physical therapy.  I have a couple of exercises to do and they help somewhat, but I need to wrap my mind around the fact that this is the beginning.  I cannot expect immediate help.

I explained to the therapist if I lie on my stomach and try the pose where one lifts the upper body by extending your arms while leaving the lower body on the floor, that sends sharp, shooting pains from my back and down my legs.  I have no pain sitting or lying down on the floor or bed.  I cannot stand for a long period of time and walking, the pain grows the longer I walk.

Sometimes, something happens and the pain will go away and I can walk for longer length without pain.  Honestly, when that happens, I pray thanks to God for the ability to walk without pain.  It is a small blessing and that greatly appreciated.  Other days, like this morning, while walking the dogs, I will take the walk break and pray to God asking for help to just relieve the pain.  It is not for my pleasure, but for my own personal health.

Some days, I just feel so defeated, but I keep trudging a long.  I refuse to allow this to become a disability - there has to be something that can be done to remove the pain.

I will keep working the exercises, stretching, and doing yoga. If anything, my core will continue to get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment