Saturday, August 15, 2015

Addicted to Mediterranean Food...

I think my addicition started with an outing to Fadi's to celebrate a group of people at work for their service anniversaries.  I was not really happy about celebrating at a place that was run a lot like a Mediterranean Luby's.  No offense to the restaurant itself, but when one is celebrating their service anniversary, it should be a place where the wait staff takes the order and everyone does not have to rush through the buffet line.  That is just my opinion and you can take it for whatever it is worth.

I will say that this place introduced me to hummus and cabbage salad.  I have had couscous in the past and liked it.  I came around to liking cauliflower when it was introduced to me as part of a veggie platter with ranch dip.  Falafel - I have the recipe for making this somewhere in my apartment.  I was attending vegetarian cooking classes with a co-worker at Whole Foods off of Custer, I believe.  I really enjoyed that.

I had tried other places, but never got the same tastes as I did from Fadi's.  I tried a falafel wrap from a place call The Chickpea, but it just did not taste the same.  

Random Cathy and I went to Fadi's back in March.  I really enjoyed the food and was beginning to think more about Mediterranean food.  Sure, there is olive oil, but that is a good oil.  I kept remembering how much I really enjoyed the cabbage salad.  

A few weeks ago, I tried Cedar's, a new Mediterranean restaurant.  The food was good there was well.  Unfortunately, no cabbage salad, so that was a disappointment.  However, the falafel, chicken kabob, and other veggies impressed me.

I have been back to Fadi's twice since that visit to Cedar's.  The last time was this week and I got the Vegetarian sampler.  I had wanted to order some falafel, but in the end, I was glad I did not.  I had more than enough veggies on my plate to have me waddling out of there.  The nice thing, I am not really hungry after dinners there, but I do not feel like I am so bloated, either.

So, I am going to give it the old college try - I will try to make my own cabbage salad to enjoy with some baked chicken tonight.  I may even look for a different way to cook chicken to go with the salad.  I find myself in a chicken preparation rut.  Time to break the rut.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment