Thursday, August 27, 2015

Update on Senior Dog...

I worry.  It is just a part of my whole being, I suppose.

I was worried about Chloe not eating.  On Monday, I got her some soft food and she pretty much "woofed" that food down and tried to lick off the flowers on the paper plate.  Still, I was worried, but at least, she had a recheck with the vet on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, I got her to the vet's office.  She was nervous about being there, but having Bo there with her sort of settles her down.  The funny thing, Bo is just happy to be anywhere and wants the attention the techs and staff gives to him.  So, in a way, Bo provides Chloe some moral support.

Last time I took Chloe to the vet's office, her liver value had gone from 1300 to 1800.  The vet figured it was because she was not feeling well, but not to worry.  Most dogs do not have liver values that high, but for Chloe, we are doing great.  A year ago, I would think that the value was close, if not at, to 3000.  That is not good. 

The vet tech took Chloe back to get the blood work done.  When she returned with Chloe, I gave Bo and Chloe some treats to keep them happy.  Shortly, the vet came in and talked about her numbers.  This time, her liver number was 1100.  I said that made me really happy because the number is coming down.  The vet did have a concern about Chloe's protein count, but we would look back at Chloe's numbers when I return her back for her Cushing's check.

I did tell the vet that I was worried regarding Chloe's health.  My mom was so worried over Chloe that I think Chloe spent more time at the vet's office than at home.  The vet reminded me of how my mom had been, but said that she felt that Chloe being with Bo has been a very good thing for her.  Being with Bo has helped calm Chloe down and make her feel more of a "dog" than some baby.  She also tried to put my mind at ease to say pomeranians have a long life span.  She felt that Chloe has another 4 to 5 more years if not more.  

Chloe is only 14 and will be 15 in November.  She still has her sight and her hearing.  She seems very happy and continues to be very vocal about her wants.  One thing I have noticed, she want to be with me wherever I may be.  It warms my heart because I remember when she was younger - you could only touch her on her terms.  Now, that is different.  She wants to sit huddled next to me and get belly rubs or hugs.  I cherish the "dog pile" on the sofa - where Bo climbs on top of my side and Chloe huddles next to my head and shoulders and we all fall asleep in front of the TV.

I am happy my girl is okay.  I had been through enough health scares last week.  I think this weekend, I am going to just sit back and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment