Sunday, August 30, 2015

When What I Do Becomes a Brunt of Someone Else's Joke...

Not too long ago, I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 for my work phone.  It was a refurbished phone and my personal phone was an iPhone 5S.  I saw no point in getting another iPhone for work and wanted to see what the Samsung was like.

One thing about both phones is that they were so thin.  I felt like I could easily drop either phone in my grip.  What I had done for the iPhone was get a Mophie battery charger case for the phone.  It is just a bit heavier and makes the phone a bit thicker.  I do not mind because it allows the battery to last longer.

I decided to get another Mophie for the Samsung.  I found what I wanted on Amazon.com and purchased it.  I was able to cut the price with my Amazon.com points, so that was a bonus for me.

The other day, during lunch, one of my co-workers started picking on me for the large phone case.  I looked at him and said that it was a battery charger and as far as I was concerned, I was happy with my choice.  He just continued with making fun of the case.  I looked at him and said, "Well, I am not a 40 year old man who got a case where I can put my credit cards in it and leave the damn phone everywhere for someone to pick up."  

I know - if he did not like me, he would not pick on me.  However, give me a break.  He wants to make fun of the phone case, but he leaves his phone with credit cards lying around and takes off without it.  One day, he left his phone at my desk and ran off to go to lunch.  I hid the phone.  He went on a long search for the phone before he returned to my desk.  Even the day we went to lunch, he was having to go back to his truck to get his phone because he left it.

Some days, this guy just gets under my skin about making fun of whatever I have or do.  Luckily, he is so dopey that he leaves himself opened for return fire.  For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment