Friday, July 3, 2015

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Last night, I woke up from sleep with something on my mind.  I had remembered about losing a friendship on Facebook back in December over something pretty stupid.  

Unfortunately, I was born with very sensitive feelings.  It really sucks because there are times I wish various actions, events, or things did not upset me so easily.  That is not the case.

Not that I want this person's friendship, but part of me wants to thank that person for being there during some rough times after my mother's passing.  Sort of - "Look, I know we disagree greatly on a particular issue that we are no longer friends.  However, I want you to know I still think highly of you.  I appreciate your kind friendship during some rough times in my life and for that, I will always be grateful.  I wish you well and maybe over time, our paths will cross again."

Not sure if I should do this or not.  If I did it, it would only be for closure.  sort of like when I finally figured out why a couple of friends from back in the '90's no longer wanted to be my friend.  Once I discovered why from the wife, I simply said I wished that they would have talked to me about it, rather than my finding out in a public forum.  I was highly embarrassed at the time.  After that, I just closed the book - I never searched for them again.  It was done and I moved on with life.  I cherished their friendship while I had it, but now, we had our separate ways.

I still have this person's phone number in my phone.  That is the only reason why I even consider that.

I do not know...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment