Saturday, November 21, 2015

BAH! Working on Plan B...

I had noticed that my oven was not heating up as quickly as it normally would.  It was not until I attempted to cook a Papa Murphy's pizza in the oven that I actually realized the issue.  The bottom heating element is no longer heating.  That spells disaster for getting anything cooked properly.

So, Thanksgiving is around the corner.  I do not figure I will be able to cook a proper Thanksgiving dinner for myself this year.  What is Plan B?  

First, I plan on ordering a meal from Buca di Beppo.  I had ordered such a dinner from the restaurant back in 2011.  I had tried getting a meal from a nice restaurant, which I will not name, but what we got provided no leftovers.  Thanksgiving without leftovers is a bad thing.  My father hurried off that night to have Thanksgiving again with his girlfriend and never invited me.  (That would not be the first time that my father takes off to celebrate a holiday without asking me - it is where I truly feel my father wants nothing to do with me since my mother's death.)

I had nothing in the house to eat, so I sat in the apartment watching TV.  That was when I saw the Buca di Beppo commercial about Thanksgiving dinner and the place was opened.  I felt horrible, but I called and asked if I could place an order.  What I got for a small meal was enormous, yet, so very delicious.  I was very thankful - while it was not my mom's traditional meal, it was very satisfying.  I even had plenty of leftovers - I felt blessed.

Second, I am researching getting a convection oven while I am awaiting for my oven to be repaired.  I could buy the part myself, but getting it installed is another matter.  Also, since I live in an apartment, it should be the complex's responsibility to take care of such matters.  The broken heating element has been reported and I have been told that the part must be ordered.  So, I have to wait.

I think I have found what will work for me.  It is at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I really do not like the idea of spending more money, but honestly, microwave foods are getting a bit old.  Also, there is an advantage of using the oven for cooking smaller meals as well as using it more when the weather becomes hotter.  

Now, I just need to make sure that Plan B works.

No comments:

Post a Comment